There are several apps that allow you to create Alexa skills and Google actions without knowing how to code that are good to experiment with the platforms. So here’s a list of resources that you can use today without coding:
- Voice apps. That’s voiceapps.com. Create Alexa skills
- Also for Alexa is Storyline. Storyline has a very active Facebook group where they answer user questions very quickly. Website it’s getstoryline.com
- Conversation.one. Conversation allows to build for Alexa, Google Actions and chatbots. Website it’s conversation.one.
- Dialog Flow seems really complete as it lets you create chatbots for Facebook messenger, Google actions, Alexa skills and Microsoft Cortana. Check them out at dialogflow.com
- Other resources include books, tutorials and even a Twitch channel for Alexa developers. If you want to learn more about these check out voicefirstweekly.com/flashbriefing.
- Designing Voice User Interfaces: Principles of Conversational Experiences. I have been reading this one and I think is quite good, it’s really spot on terms of design and user experience. By Cathy Pearl
- Voice User Interface Design, even tho this book it’s a few years old, it’s recommended by Pearl and by the Amazon developers team.
- Designing Bots: Creating Conversational Experiences. By Dave Isbitski
- Dave is Alexa Chief evangelist. All things Alexa.
Course for developers of Alexa skills:
- Introduction to Alexa
- Conversational Design with Alexa
- Mastering Google Actions: https://www.udemy.com/mastering-google-actions/
- Actions on Google Assistant. https://www.udemy.com/actions-on-google-app-google-assistant/
Disclaimer: We are not affiliate or associate with the companies mentioned including but not limited to Amazon.com, Udemy.com or any other site mentioned above.